Community Services Center
May 15, 2013
1. Call Regular Meeting to Order
2. Approval of Minutes (april 17, 2013)
3. RZ-03-2013 – R,207, LLC, Owner/Applicant. Request a Rezoning from RP, Rural Preservation (one dwelling unit per 10 acres) to M-1 Industrial (no specified density) on tax map #82-A-111, 82-A-112 and 82-A-123 consisting of a total of 29.98 acres +/-. This property is located on Route 652 (Ruther Glen Road) in the vicinity of Patterson Lane and Carmel Church Loop, Mattaponi Voting District. The 2030 Comprehensive Plan identifies this area as being located in the Carmel Church Community Plan designated as Commercial/Office and Office/Industrial with no specified density. Proposed Use: Industrial
4. TXT-10-2013: An Ordinance to amend the Zoning Ordinance of Caroline County by amending Article II, Section 2, Definitions to add a definition for “Rural Resort” and Repeal and Replace the definition for “General Store”.
5. TXT-11-2013: An Ordinance to Amend the Zoning Ordinance of Caroline County by Amending Article IV, Section 5, (Special Exception Uses), by adding Paragraphs 36, 37 and 38 to allow a Rural Resort, General Store and Museum as uses permitted by special exception in the Rural Preservation zoning district.
6. TXT-12-2013: An Ordinance to Amend the Zoning Ordinance of Caroline County by Amending Article XV, Section 8, Development Standards, by adding Paragraph P and Q to establish development standards for Rural Resorts and General Stores.
7. SB-01-2013 - Amber Farm Ltd. Partnership, Owner; Tricord, Inc. Applicant: Applicant is seeking an exception to Section 5.20 (Access) of the Caroline County Subdivision Ordinance on a portion of tax map #52-A-80, consisting of 12 acres +/-. The property is located within an undeveloped section of Pendleton fronting on Route 639 (Ladysmith Road) west of Route 1 (Jefferson Davis Highway), Madison Voting District. (Angeline Pitts)
8. RZ-04-2013 17431 Jefferson Davis LLC Owner, Watts, Gary H. Applicant: Request a Rezoning from B-1, Business, Conditional (no specified density), consisting of 0.928 acres, more or less to B-1, Business, Conditional (no specified density) on tax map #52-A-136. The property is located at 17431 Jefferson Davis Highway in the Madison Voting District. The 2030 Comprehensive Plan identifies this area as Community Business (no specified density) within the Ladysmith Community Plan. Proposed Use: Amend proffers approved with RZ-12-2006 to allow an additional five years for compliance with the development plan from the date of approval of this proffer amendment. (Angeline Pitts)
9. Any & All Matters
Motion to Adjourn to June 5, 2013 worksession
Public Hearing Protocol
purpose of a public hearing is for the Caroline County Planning Commission
to listen carefully to the verbal expression of position and opinion from
the citizens of Caroline County.
public hearings are advertised weeks prior to the scheduled hearings and the
notices indicate where citizens can obtain information pertinent to matters
scheduled for public hearing.
hearings are not question and answer sessions or debates and all statements
should be addressed to the chair.
hearings are intended to give citizens an opportunity to influence the
public decision process based on prior research and discussions with
appropriate public officials.
members of the public offer comment, they need to clearly state their name
and address prior to making their comments.
Applicants, or representatives of the applicant, will be allowed fifteen
(15) minutes to introduce information regarding the matter advertised for
public hearing. All comments are to be pertinent to the issue being
speaking at public hearings are respectfully requested to keep comments
brief, not to exceed three (3) minutes, and to address only those issues
pertinent to the matters advertised for public hearing.
Public Hearing has been closed, the applicant or representatives of the
applicant will be allowed ten (10) minutes to address any issues identified
by the public.
copies of statements made at public hearings are requested but not required.
event that a regularly scheduled meeting, specially called meeting, and/or
work session meeting of the Caroline County Planning Commission continues to
11:00 PM, the Commission may, at its discretion, adjourn the meeting until
the next business day provided the motion of adjournment states the hour and
location that the adjourned meeting is to be reconvened.
If weather or other conditions are such
that it is determined to be hazardous for people's safety to attend the
Planning Commission meeting, the continued meeting shall occur on the next
business day at the same time and place as the previously scheduled regular